Classic Console Collection

To celebrate the completion of my console collection (maybe) I decided to make this video. All the systems work and are in pretty good shape. I started collecting seriously in 2006 after watching JamesNintendoNerd on YouTube. At the time, all I had was my PS2 slim. It took me four years to get to this point. I don't make a lot of money, so I had to be patient and look for deals at garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets and classified ads. My general rule was not to spend more than $20 on any one system. I had to bend that rule on occasion for rare systems like the Heavy Sixer, NES Top Loader, and the CDX, otherwise, I think I followed it pretty well. I purchased my shelving at Lowe's or Home Depot...I can't remember which. Basically, all I had to do was fasten a metal track at the top and attach three support beams. Pretty easy. EDIT: I've been getting a lot of questions like, "Why don't you have a (insert system here) or a (insert system here)?" Forgive me, I should have explained this in the video. By and large I only own systems that I came into contact with at some point during my childhood. Some I owned before but a lot of them I just played at a friends house or at Toys R Us. There are other great systems not on these shelves, but since I don't have any personal attachment to them, they are no in my collection. In a sense, I am collecting my memories, not just systems. Thanks for watching!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCKgdj68_us&hl=en

Posted in Labels: , , |

0 comments: